3.13.2007

Notes From The LES

Last Friday after work I met the USN girls for happy hour at the new LES bar Nurse Bettie. It's a small place decorated with pictures paying tribute to pin-up girls. There is a small bar that seats about 6 in the back, a couple of sectionals in the front and some stools with a counter along the back wall. Music was very Pixies oriented. I started off trying 2 different wines ($7 / glass) - the Cab was decent, the Pinot Noir swill. Then I made the switch to PBR ($4 / bottle - I was wishing it was in a can though!). I liked this place for happy hour. There was a good vibe and a good mix of people. When we left around 8:30 though it started getting packed (as most LES establishments do), so I would recommend getting there early if you want a seat.





In between stops we popped into this little hole in the wall called Rush Hour for a grease fix. BOY was it GOOD! I wish I lived closer to this place for delivery! We had mozzarella sticks that were REAL - gobs of gooey cheese inside a light batter - YUM! That was followed up with by the freakin' tater tots. Crisp, crunchy and better than the high school cafeteria used to make! This place is definitely going to become my last stop on drinky LES nights!

Friday's final stop was at Pianos. Can't say I loved it or hated it. It was a bit too crowded for me but we managed to get seats at the bar so that's all that mattered. To me it was just another typical Ludlow St. bar that I could live without.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pianos ROCKS!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home