2.22.2007

Sortie

Last night Danielle suggested meeting up for happy hour at Sortie. I had never heard of the place, but ran over to Hell's Kitchen to meet up. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Sortie is a mid-sized bar with lots of couches and ottomans under red lighting. Each day for happy hour they offer a special of a different beer (last night it was Red Stripe for $5), a red wine (last night a Spanish blend - $6) and a white wine (another blend). I had the red wine and it was definitely an acceptable choice. We also tried the food - bruschetta ($7), chicken quesadillas ($11) and the shrimp spring rolls ($9.50) - all of which were tasty and a step above typical bar food. The only thing I disliked was that the music was a bit loud for me at times, making it hard to hear conversation at times. Overall, though, this place is a gem. I'm not sure how it would be on a weekend night, but after work on a Wednesday there was just the right amount of people, good drink, good food and a comfortable atmosphere. We did get a little scared as we were leaving - a live mini-band had set up next to our table and were getting ready to go on. This could have been either amazing or a complete nightmare but we didn't stick around to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home