10.19.2006

Check It Off & Toss It Out!

Had dinner with The Lady last night at Osteria Del Sole on W. 4th across the street from Gwennie's old place. This restaurant has been on my list forever since it's right in the hood on a quaint W. Village corner. I started with a Caesar (the dressing was too fishy for me) and The Lady had the Caprese salad (it had an entire 1/2 of a tomato instead of slices which was just weird to me). Then we split an order of the gnocci (the gnocci themselves were fine but the tomato sauce was very bland and the so-called "spicy" mini meatballs in the dish reminded me of the ones in SpaghettiOs). Oh well, at least the bread was good. One of the only other positive things I can really say is that we had a table outside (which is why we went there in the first place) . Spotted strolling on W. 4th taking advantage of the good weather were Cynthia Rowley (with children), S.J.P. and Sean The Apprentice #5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home