10.16.2006

Friday Night Lights

Friday night was a busy one. I started off after work with a quick stop off for the opening of the Lia Halloran show at DCKT Contemporary. It was a great show of oils on acryllic exploring the physical forces of nature and the possibilities of how these forces interact with, intersect and fragment the body. Pretty cool stuff!


From there we raced over to The China Club to see Nick Lachey "Up Close & Personal" courtesy of the free tickets I won from WPLJ. I wasn't so keen on going but Kimmi K. wanted to go like crazy so we went. The whole thing was quite hilarious. One thing I noticed is that Nick loves to grab his heart when he sings and also reach out to the audience - over and over again. Very amateur night (not to MENTION the crowd - although what did I expect!). And the $10 Heinekens were not really helping. Luckily he only played a brief 5 songs (although he did sound good), which he followed up with a Q&A. Truthfully, my favorite part of the show was when Kimmi kept yelling for him to take off his shirt (which he didn't do AND rudely didn't acknowledge her!) Really, with Nick it's just all about that killer smile of his (since he didn't show his other asset - the abs).



Capping things off was dinner at Breeze, a Thai restaurant in Hell's Kitchen. This place had been on my list for awhile and went in since we happened to stumble upon it. I don't think I can give this place a very good recommendation. We started off with what was supposed to be a "crab roll" which came out looking (and tasting a bit) like dog food. This was followed by Pad Thai (which had WAY too much fish sauce in it for my liking) and chicken cashew (this was the best of the 3 dishes - nice and spicy - although it barely had any chicken). Breeze is cheap and cheerful, so maybe a fairly decent option if you are looking for a quick bite in that neighborhood. If you want to go for cheap hip Thai though, go to Sea or Spice instead.

2 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

I completely agree w/ you about Nick! Even though I do have a MAJOR crush on him, he was such a cheeseball w/ the grabbing of the heart. The smile made it all worth while though. The abs would've been the icing on the cake. Mmmmm...abs...

Thanks for taking me!!!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WPLJ?

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home