11.09.2007

And He Gave Me His Stick!

Last night I went to see Duran Duran's Broadway debut with their Red Carpet Massacre run. I have to say this was just about THE GREATEST show I've ever seen (the front row seats helped!). The first act was the new cd - played in its entirety. There are a few songs I really like already, most notably "Skin Divers" which features Timbaland (he wasn't there to provide the rap section, but they did show a hollogram of him doing it which was pretty cool!) and "Nite Runner" (which features J.T.). After a brief intermission the guys then came back with an electro set which featured "Showroom Dummies", "Last Chance On the Stairways", "All She Wants Is", "Warm Leatherette", "I Don't Want Your Love" and "Skin Trade" (my favorite song of the evening), all basically merged into one long track. The guys were all lined up in a row across the stage with each member playing one electric instrument and the sound was incredible. AMAZING! This was definitely my favorite Duran moment in history.



The last act of the show featured a bunch of their big hits including "Rio", "Notorious", "Reflex", "Come Undone", "Ordinary World", "Planet Earth", "View To A Kill", "Sunrise" and the finale, "Girls On Film". They really kicked it up in the third act and the energy was insane. The best moment of the night however came during the curtain call when one Mr. Roger Taylor handed me his drumsticks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I kid you not! I can now die a happy man . . . thank you Mr. Taylor - you still are and will always be my favorite pop star!

2 Comments:

Blogger kimmyk said...

You're dirty;)

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

This may seem like a weird question, but can you tell me what the brand and style is on Roger's sticks? I would be forever grateful!

saundra.maxwell@gmail.com

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home