10.25.2007

Sinead O'Connor

Tuesday night I went to see Sinead O'Connor at the Beacon Theater with the extremely pregnant Suz. I have to start by saying my main reason for going to the show was that I somehow scored 4th row seats. I had seen Sinead a few times years ago, right around the time when she was doing all the crazy stuff like ripping up the picture of the pope, and the shows were always amazing so I figured what the hell.


I'm not so surprised to say that years later she still doesn't dissappoint (and was still being just as bitchy to her stage crew!). Arriving on stage promptly at 9pm wearing a baggy suit and white dress shirt, she dove right in with "The Emperor's New Clothes". AMAZING! Here voice is still in great form, although she doesn't even make an attempt anymore to hit those signature high notes. Much of the material for the show came from her second album I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got, including "Three Babies", "Black Boys On Mopeds", "I Am Stretched On Your Grave", "Nothing Compares 2 U" and my fav of the night "Last Day Of Our Acquaintance". Sadly, she only dipped into The Lion And The Cobra once for "Never Get Old". I yelled out for her to play "Troy" and she heard me and said something to the effect that it's too painful for her to play it and that she won't play it anymore. Boo! That AND no "Mandinka". Oh well. The rest was pretty cool. Oh, except for stuff from her new album Theology - that was all WAY too biblical for me! Overall though, a really good show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home