10.22.2007

BLT Fish

Friday I had lunch with the boys at BLT Fish Shack, another outpost in the Laurent Tourondel empire. I have to start off by saying I definitely likely this one WAY more than Brasserie Ruhlman. First off, while we were browsing the menu our server brought us a complementary round loaf of cheesy garlic bread that was heavenly. At that point we knew we were off to a good start. For starters I had a cup of clam chowder (definitely decent, however not completely up to my New England standards) and the "spicy & greasy" fried calamari (perfectly cooked - actually not greasy at all - and the side dipping sauce had a nice kick). For a main I had the lobster cobb salad. I'd have to say it was almost perfectly done - I loved the dressing, there was plenty of lobster and there was even fresh corn it in that had been cut right off the cob. My cohorts both had the fish with lemon hollandaise (one had skate, the other organic salmon) and both were extremely pleased (I dipped a few of the shoestring fries in the sauce and would definitely go back for that sauce alone!). I paired all of this with a great Txakoli (my new favorite Spanish white - similar to a pino grigio but with a wee bit of bubble). Service was on top of it and the decor had a nice New England feel. Definitely a place to keep on the old standby list for when you are in the Flatiron area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home