7.06.2007

No Name (Yet?)

Last night the Lady & I tried a new wine bar in the 'hood on Hudson between Morton & Leroy called (for now) No Name. I have to say I LOVED this place. It's bigger than my other neighborhood fav Blue Ribbon Wine Bar, with 4 window seats and about 20-25 stools around the horseshoe shaped bar. The wine list represents from around the world. We opted for the La Planta Ribera del Duero ($10/glass, $38/bottle). This was an EXCELLENT choice - one of the top Ribera's I've tasted. We paired this with a sheep's milk Compte cheese (accompanied by peaches, cherries, figs and french bread - $5) and sopressata (with cornichons & whole grain mustard - $5). Music was great by such alternative artists as the Gorillaz and it wasn't very crowded. (Let's just hope it stays that way!). Welcome to the neighborhood (and my suggestion for a name is to just keep it "the Candy Store" like the old sign says)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home