6.01.2007

Keane @ SummerStage


Wednesday night I went with K.K. and her Honey along with The Lady to see Keane at SummerStage in Central Park. Thank god it was a gorgeous night. It only added to the fun. The good news - we arrived just before Keane came on (about 8:15pm) and didn't have to wait long for the show to start; the bad news - we arrived just before Keane came on and it was almost inpossible to see anything! Now I remember why I haven't seen a show there in 10 years (that and the fact that it takes like 1/2 hr to get a beer or go to the loo)! Anyway, luckily about 1/2 way through the show we found a decent spot. They played all the hits we wanted to hear - everything from "Somewhere Only We Know" to the finale of "Bedshaped". It made me laugh because a few times Tom Chaplin (whose voice was dead on) held out the microphone for the crowd to sing the chorus. You could barely make out what people were singing. Really, I don't think they knew what they were singing! All I kept thinking was if we were at Wembley you would've heard it loud and clear. In the end I really enjoyed the show, but I will need to see them again a little closer to stage to see more of the "performance". I'll leave you with this funny note. A girl came out of the jiffy john ahead of me and asked me to hold her beers so she could do up her pants. Then she goes to me "there's no toilet paper in there but I'm a total clean freak so I unrolled my jean cuff down and used that". Cut to the D.N.A. test . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home