7.27.2007

230 Fifth

I have to start this posting by saying I've always avoided going to 230 Fifth. Everytime I've ever walked by there are crazy lines to get in and I've heard that all it really is is an overcrowded meat market. Last night I found myself there and I can attest to the fact that all of that is VERY true. HOWEVER . . .

I was lucky enough to attend a private party there thrown by my girl Kathleen from over at cookinglight.com. I have to say that it was really great. Basically, they had a small section of the roof reserved which worked out really well. Everyone was given a colored bracelet when entering the section, that way no one could crash and take advantage of the freebies (and since there were multiple parties/sections, each group had a different colored bracelet). Excellent system! The party had 2 designated coctail waitress who kept the drinks flowing as well as a waitress that passed around various DELICIOUS hors d'ouevers that included fried shrimp, vegetable curry empanadas, chicken fingers and dumplings. DEFINITELY better than average bar food. The views from up there were pretty great and an 80's soundtrack filled the air. I will now change from review of this place from an "avoid at all costs" to a "try to get yourself invited to a private party held there".


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home