5.09.2007

Cafe Centro

Yesterday I went for lunch at Cafe Centro. I'd never really heard of this place but evidently it's been sitting in the back of Grand Central on 45th for years now and is still going strong. The cuisine is upscale French. I went strictly for the specials - gazspacho to start and tempura soft shell crab ($29) for the main - both were excellent. I paired it with a decent Pinot Noir ($9). My co-workers had the tuna tartare and frisee lardons for appetizers and the burger and ribeye steak for mains. All looked good and everyone was extremely pleased. I recommend this place for sure for a rep lunch if you are in the area. Also, they have a lot of outdoor seating (although it didn't appear to get a lot of direct sunlight at noon) so it's great for warm weather lunches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home