5.07.2007

Alexandra

Saturday night I went to a birthday party (and congrats on the engagement Carly & Ren!) at a little restaurant on Hudson Street called Alexandra. I've been by this place a million times but never tried it. From what I am told, the small storefront never really gets too crowded, although on Saturday it was packed since there were 2 birthday parties - one of which had Aaron Eckhart as a guest. Anyway, since we were mostly just there for drinks I started with the sangria ($9). It was ok, but I think I was more just turned off of it when I saw the bartender pour coke on the top - YUCK! Next drink please! From there I moved on to a tempernillo ($9) which was definitely decent.

After a while a few appetizers started rolling out for us from the kitchen. First up was an AMAZING brushetta on mini-garlic toasts with cherry tomato halves, diced fresh mozarella and basil - light, refreshing & delish. Then it was on to a chicken turnover with a spicy sauce that were also quite nice. These 2 items alone were good enough to intrige me to go back for a real visit. Keep in mind though, this place is cash only!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home