5.04.2007

Perilla

Last night I went to a preview of Perilla, the new restaurant from chef Harold Dieterle, winner of the 1st series of Bravo's Top Chef. Harold's dish was one of my favorites at the F&W Best New Chefs party last month so I was excited to sample more of his food. The space is very warm (it's the old Inside space at 9 Jones) and bar and glassware are all gorgeous. We started with the 9 Jones signature cocktail - Kettle One Citron, pineapple, cranberry and a splash of Cava. Now that was a delicious way to say "welcome to summer!" Each of the hors d'ouevers was a treat - my favorite being the fluke on a taro chip. Otherwise included a tortilla, an onion soup with rock shrimp and mushrooms shot, duck meatballs and garlic bread with an edamame and fontina dipping sauce. Deserts included a mini warm to-die-for chocolate cake and coconut cake with watermellon. I got a peek at the menu and all of these hors d'ouevers really highlighted it. Based on the preview alone I'm going to predict that this one is going to be a hotspot so get in there and make your reservations immediately! Welcome to the neighborhood Harold!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home