4.20.2007

Casa Camper

Well, I'm back from a SPECTACULAR trip to Barcelona. I have a lot to write about but not a lot of time today so I'm going to have to do it in installments. First up, the hotel - Casa Camper.


I want to start off by saying this was one of my favorite places that I stayed at (I know, I know, I say that everytime, but they do indeed keep getting better!). Camper is located on a small street near MACBA (The Museum of Contemporary Art) in El Raval. It has 20 1+1 rooms (that means you have your bedroom and across the hall your own mini-lounge) and 5 suites (the mini-lounge is attached to the bedroom). We had the 1+1 and in the end I think I preferred it because when one person is sleeping the other person can watch tv etc. across the hall without disturbing their companion.


The room is done in a minimal fashion. The beds are large and extremely comfortable. All of the closets are open. The rainmaker shower is heavenly. There are robes and Camper slippers to make the stay more comfortable.

The bedrooms are in the back of the building which helps keep noise to a minimum. They have a large window facing the "vertical" garden. When you are ready to hide the garden view and blackout the room, there is a garage-door type mechanism that lowers over the window.





The mini-lounge faces Elisabets street and has a futon, table and chairs, flat-screen tv, a hammock and a half-balcony. It's great for having late night cava parties!

Because there is no room service, the hotel offers free food & drink 24 hrs. in the Tentempie section of the lobby. Choices include sandwiches, salads, soup, desserts, chips, peanuts cookies and a wide vartiety of non-alcoholic beverages (the alcoholic ones can be purchased at reception). Breakfasts are even more full-on with eggs made to order.
On the top floor is a indoor/outdoor lounge. With great city views, it's another fun place for a cava party!

All of the staff is young, good-looking, hip and extremely helpful (oh, and they speak English). As you can see, Camper made me very happy and I'm HIGHLY recommending this one:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was lovely. Can't wait for the next trip!!!!
Happy Bday again!!!!

Love,

The Lady

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home