4.09.2007

Let The Birthday Celebration Begin!

This weeked marked the start of my week-and-a-half long birthday celebration. It started on Saturday night with dinner with Mark at The Little Owl and will end next Monday on my return flight from Barcelona. There will be a full Barcelona posting upon my return. But for now . . .

A big shout out to chef Joey Campanaro at the Little Owl. How much do I love him for serving soft shell crab for the first time of the season on my pre-birthday weekend dinner?!?!?!?!?!?! 2 big plump juicy crabs were served over heirloom tomatoes and avacado - heavenly perfection! Not to mention as usual the scallop appetizer, the assorted sliders and the pork chop were all spectactular! If you haven't hit this place yet, get on it! To get a reservation during prime hours you have to call the second the phone lines open exactly one month before you plan to go but it's TOTALLY worth it!



The second event of the pre-birthday weekend was seeing A Moon For The Misbegotten on Broadway starring Kevin Spacey and Colm Meaney yesterday. Sadly, the ONLY thing that saved this show for me was the fact that I was sitting EXTREMELY close and that I love Kevin. Very fun to see these 2 master actors, as well as leading lady Eve Best, ply their trade. I don't think I can really recommend this play unless you are a huge Spacey fan and feel like you have to see this. The material to me was uninteresting and boring as well as WAY TOO LONG! About 4 times everyone in the audience seemed to breathe a sigh of relief that it was coming to an end and then a whole new scene would start. For me, even the top notch acting couldn't save this production.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home