3.19.2007

What Brown Can't Do

First off, I want to give a big thumbs up to newegg.com. I just bought a Panasonic DVD recorder from them and my experience was fabulous. Not only was their price $60 less than I've seen it anywhere else, but they also overnighted it that day for only $9.50 and I had it the next day (or at least I should have). I would highly recommend this site if you are in the market for some new electronics.

Which leads me to what Brown can't do. Brown attempted to deliver the package the following day but I wasn't home to sign. Fine, no biggie. I called and asked them to hold it and said I'd pick it up the next evening. I schlepped all the way over to Houston & Washington the next day only to find out that the package wasn't there . Evidently they had tried to deliver it again and it was still "on the truck". No wait - the truck was there but the driver was gone home. "Sorry, sir, we can't find the truck". UM, HELLO! WHO LOOSES A BIG BROWN TRUCK! After sitting there for an hour I finally got fed up and left and ordered them to make sure they held it for me for tomorrow night. The next day, again, the same thing! Luckily this time they were able to find the truck and I got my recorder after only having to wait there 20 minutes this time. Note to all shippers - USED FedEx - the uniforms are hotter anyway!




The one other thing that I need to bitch about here is hooking up the recorder. Why is all of this new technology such a nightmare to figure out?!?!?!?! What ever happened to the concept of plug-n-play! 3 calls to Panasonic and 5 hrs. later I finally got the damned thing working. Although not completely working. For some reason I have to leave the machine on all the time to be able to watch tv. Whatever - at least it works. I'll worry about that in a few weeks once I upgrade my cable box to HD. I must say so far I love the recorder. I now finally have a copy of Coldplay Storytellers (in which I have a cameo) on DVD (which is unavailable in the stores) that I rescued from my DVR (luckily before the box gave out or it got accidently erased). I guess that in the end it is all worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home