2.08.2007

Sexiness Comes In A Box

Last night I found myself with a last minute free ticket to go see J.T. @ MSG. The night began with drinks at Stout which was filled to the rafters with practically every girl under age 30 in the NY metro area. YIKES! Luckily we discovered that there is a basement bar at Stout and we were able to at least partially escape the chaos that was upstairs. Then it was over to the Garden - not in time to catch Pink though.

The setup for the show was in the round. I'm not quite sure how I felt about it. I've seen it done twice before by Prince and he commanded it. I'm not so sure that J.T. did. I don't want to blame it on him, though, as much as on the set designers. Multiple scrims kept rising and lowering in various parts of the stage so at times it made certain sections feel closed off from the show. Throughout the show live projections of J.T. were shown on the scrims - this was an interesting take on the video screen - although many times I felt a bit Elton John-ish. Overall, I was surprised at the quality of the show. It was definitely better and more than I had expected. It was very pop genre (lots of dancers etc) and all of it was pretty high quality. And yes, Justin can definitely dance his ass off!



There was one other big problem that I had with the show. In the middle of it Justin took "a break" and Timbaland came out and played a few songs. That was WAY too interruptive and a buzz kill for me. I think everyone just wanted more Justin! I have to admit, I didn't LOVE this show - cuz I don't really love his music - but it was definitely lots of fun and great to hear the hits that I do like. The highlight of the show though was the first encore when Justin & Adam Sandberg came out and performed (in costume!) the Dick In The Box song from SNL! AMAZING! It made it all worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home