12.18.2006

Boqueria

Last week my office party was at the new Flatiron tapas joint Boqueria and we took over the whole place. I really liked the space - a small, long room with a bar in the front and high tables in the back circling the outside with a communal table in the center.


Lots of delicious tapas and pinxtos and drinks were had by all! Some notable items included: patatas bravas (spicy potatoes - these were my favorite!), cojonudo (fried quail egg and chorizo on toast) , datiles con beacon y almendras (dates stuffed with almonds and cabrales - a tangy blue cheese - and then wrapped in bacon, tortilla espanola (spanish omlette with potato), pimi entos del padron (blistered padron peppers with coarse sea salt) and of course croquettes with various fillings. Sangria came in 3 varieties - red, rose and white - personally I liked the white best (of course I tried them all!). The menu prices seem to be reasonable for tapas and they also have larger dishes as well. I would definitely recommend this place if you're looking for a bit of Spain downtown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home