6.29.2006

Cookshop Cooks It Up!

Just back from my going away lunch at Cookshop. Definitely going to add this one to the rec list! Such a great place for summer - so sunny and airy (although no outdoor space if that's what you like).

For starter I had the spinach salad with Maytag blue cheese, toasted peacans and sherry vinagrette. DELISH! Others in my party had the summer soup (a cold cucumber yogurt soup with a chili oil drizzle) and really liked it.

For the main I had the scallops with sugar snap peas and summer squash which was quite nice. Everyone seemed to enjoy theirs - at my table was also a duck salad entree and a shrimp salad with assorted citrus. I also heard that the BLT was great but a bit overwhelming. The bucket of fries at the table sublemented all of the healthy salads perfectly - and they definitely rivaled those at Pastis.

Dessert was a peppermint ice cream sandwich with hot fudge (YUM!). My only complaint was that the waiter kept taking my wine glass away without asking me if I wanted another one. Doesn't he know that that is where they make all of their money?!??!?! I'm sure his boss wouldn't have liked that too much! Overall though the service was good.

Anyway, I now know what the fuss is about and will definitely be back - especially to give the brunch a try!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home