6.27.2006

Return To The Windy City

Just back from a weekend from Chicago. Inspired me to talk about a few of the old places, along with a few of the new, that I like.

First up is T's. T's is a neighborhood bar (and grill) up north in Andersonville and is my favorite place for summer. Their sidewalk patio is one of the best places in the city to waste away the afternoon with some decent bar food and reasonably priced drinks.


New to the Andersonville neighborhood is Marty's. This small bar martini and wine bar has only a few tables and a long bar. The 2 bartenders were very friendly and knowledgeable. PLUS they had blue cheese martini's which are difficult to find here in NY. This place will be very cozy for winter.

Also new to Andersonville is the chain Hamburger Mary's. The food was LOUSY all around. I would avoid this place and go to T's for a burger. Plus they give you your bill in an old dirty high-heel shoe, which almost made me revisit the food I had just eaten. VERY OVERATED!

On Saturday I went downtown to try to have lunch at Frontera Grill which I LOVE. I was CRAVING the catfish tacos. However, when we arrived there at 2:35pm they told us lunch stopped at 2:30pm. Only in Chicago! NY'ers are barely conscious at 2:30pm! Consequently, we ended up at my favorite cajun joint, Heaven On Seven. As usual the food was great and the hurricanes were even better!

The only other place I tried was Moody's Pub. I was told the burgers were the best. Sadly, they weren't, but they weren't bad either. They have a HUGE outdoor patio so it's another good place to go if you want burgers and beer and to sit outside. The inside was EXTREMELY dark and creepy and I would avoid this place if you can't sit outside.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you lived there too! I can't beleive you couldn't go to Frontera Grill. Not even for the BEST MARGARITA ON THE ENTIRE PLANET bar none! Luckily, I learned how to replicate them EXACTLY from a bartender there (oh, the days....). I'll have to make you one.
You go to Chicago and go to Hamburger Mary's? What the hell is wrong with your friends, doing that to you?
I love to visit Chicago. I might have to book a trip there!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home