5.03.2006

Lestat Review

My co-workers Janet went to see Lestat on Broadway the other night. I really liked the review she sent me so I've asked her to guest-blog it today:


It's not as bad as the critics say-- but it's a long, long way from being good.
The first act was dull but not tedious enough to send me to the exits at intermission.
Thankfully the action picked up during Act 2. Still I was grateful the whole thing clocked
in at about 2:15 minutes instead of the three hours someone had told me it lasted.
The cast is very talented, especially Hugh Panaro in the title role. But I can't imagine this show will gain much traction. It's too dislocated for New Yorkers, and tourists from the heartland will
probably not embrace the displays of blasphemy and gay love. Bottom line- don't go unless
someone gives you a ticket. Even then, you might want to try and scalp it outside to an unsuspecting out-of-towner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home