5.15.2006

Everything Bad & Beautiful

Went with Mark & DEC to see Sandra Bernhard's new off-broadway show "Everything Bad & Beautiful". I have to say I really enjoyed it but it was a bit weird overall (and the others agreed). We went to the Saturday at 10pm show; at that hour you would've expected the crowd to be all geared up, but instead they were a bit comatose (causing Sandra to enlist one of her lines that I love most "there must be dust on this microphone"). I am happy to say that about 95% of the material was new (for me at least, I haven't seen her in like 3 or 4 years). She talked about her daughter, her lover, the Busch daughters and Britney. Oh, and lots about L.A. (therefore, nothing too inspiring). The music was the best part of the show and the band she had with her ROCKED! She opened with X-tina's "Beautiful" and closed with a Prince-inspired medley of "In My House"/"Nasty Girl"/"Glamorous Life" (where Sandra did her own version of a Shiela E. drum solo which was AWESOME!)/"I Would Die 4 U" (thankfully, 3121 was no where to be heard!). If you've never seen Sandra or truely love her, I'd recommend checking this out (just do so with an open mind). Tickets for the 10pm show on Saturdays are only $35 so I'd check out one of those performances. The show was just extended through July 9th so you have time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home