4.24.2006

They Are Still Scissor Sisters!

I went with Suz to see the Scissor Sisters at Bowery Ballroom on Saturday night. This was a warm-up show for their appearance later in the week at Coachella. I’m happy to say the band was in top form with their usual energy. They played all of the old favorites like “Take Your Mama Out”, “Laura” and “Comfortably Numb”. The big dissapointment for me was that they passed over “Return To Oz”. They also previewed a bunch of their new material from their upcoming album (which I think drops at the end of July). Sadly, none of it really caught my attention. I guess I need to hear it a couple more times. I just hope they don’t have the sophmore jinx. The highlight of this show was definitely the finale “Filthy Gorgeous” – it was loud, super-high energy and nearly blinding!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home