9.19.2006

Spelling Bee


Friday I went to see last years Tony award winning musical The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Overall, I really enjoyed it. The setting was great - the theater had been transformed into a high school gymnasium. It really did feel like you were at a spelling bee (except when the cast broke out into song). The acting was ALL top notch and I really did fall in love with the characters. This definitely isn't one of the more intellectual things I've seen on Broadway and none of the songs really stuck with me, but it's definitely a fun night out. Very entertaining for visiting out of towners, families, etc. My tix were free through an AmEx contest and I have to admit I wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much if I had paid the $100 per ticket. But if you can go for like $40, check it out. Oh, they also do a daily lottery where they sell 10 pairs of tickets at $25 2-hrs before every showtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home