2.09.2006

Design Hotels


I just made a booking online for Hotel Basico in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and as it turns out, the reservation system they use is linked to one of my favorite sites that I haven't mentioned here yet, designhotels.com. The credo behind this website is: truly stylish hotels are more than just an address for designer furniture and sleek lobbies. The emphasis of this site is on individuality and how a concept is brought to life through a mix of local influences, forward-thinking design, architecture, cutting-edge technology and personalized service. Blah, blah, blah . . . I know, how Wallpaper* is that! Currently, they have 136 member hotels located in 41 countries.

Their descriptions are what really draws me in. Basico is described as a hotel "themed around basic concepts with a strong local identity" that "challenges preconceived notions of what a design hotel should be, evoking images of an essential Mexico, glamorous, style-savvy and evidently young". Love it! I'm adding this one to the sidebar links. Have a look around and book a room at one of their special member hotels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home